- Investor initiates the process by making an inquiry with EPZA to confirm investment procedures, eligibility criteria and availability of factory space or serviced land.
- Investor submits a project proposal and application form which is completely filled to EPZA with a non-refundable fee of US$ 300.
- EPZA evaluates the project proposal and provides the investor with a letter of approval in principles, this takes 3 days.
- Environmental assessment of the premises/land so as to be able to obtain environmental approval (Where required)
- For zone development, EPZA facilitates declaration of the land which is done by the Minister for Industry and Trade.
- Investor pays relevant license fees and obtains SEZ / EPZ license. The license fee for SEZ / EPZ developer is US$ 5,000 for three years. While annual fee for SEZ / EPZ user is US$1,000 per year payable three years consecutively.
- Investor begins operations.
Notice to EPZA investors on changes of Investment Services fees.
Click here to view new Investment facilitation Services Fees
IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS FOR NEW INVESTMENT ASSESSMENT PROCEDURES:
Click here to view the list of important documents for assessment procedures of new investment